A Message from Our Tutor
Greetings and welcome fellow lawyers to QLTS Solutions!
My name is Brandon Chan and I am a dual-qualified lawyer who is admitted to legal practice in Malaysia and England and Wales. My practice areas of specialisation are in aviation finance and leasing, competition law and corporate transactions. Legally trained in London as a solicitor, I read for the LL.B, LL.M and the LPC examinations in London before successfully completing the QLTS examinations to gain admission to the roll of solicitors (SRA ID: 576534).
Based on my years of experiences reading English law and the professional examinations I have undertaken, I built QLTS Solutions in an effort to train and assist fellow lawyers to qualify as solicitors of England and Wales as they advance their international careers.
The inspiration lies in my realisation that the OSCE assessments are very practical in nature and cannot be passed by the mere reading of thick textbooks, videos, heavy jargon and complex materials supplied by standard training providers.
Therefore, QLTS Solutions is designed to facilitate and ease busy working lawyers into training with precision when preparing for the QLTS assessments. The distinct advantages of QLTS Solutions lies in:
- The systematic and methodical practical trainings which trains the practical skills required to pass the OSCE assessments;
- The practical tips provided during one-on-one sessions that are focused on examinations points;
- The provision of detailed commentaries and feedbacks after each mock session to students;
- The unlimited marking, feedback and grading service provided for legal writing and drafting in full compliance with the Kaplan marking scheme; and
- The concise but complete practice notes that have been carefully drafted in full compliance with the SRA Day Outcomes.
I also had the benefit of receiving many student feedbacks from jurisdictions such as Dubai and Hong Kong and I have studied all the materials provided by the other training providers in the market. From these, I realised that there is a gap in the trainings provided to QLTS candidates.
Therefore, I have developed QLTS Solutions to bridge this gap and to offer an affordable, highly-personalised training service to busy working lawyers.
- University of London (LL.B Laws 2:1 Honours; University of London Award for Academic Achievement 2009; Affin Bank Scholar 2008)
- University College London (LL.M – International Banking & Finance (Distinction), Leonard Sainer Scholar 2012)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LL.M – Antitrust & Competition Law, QM School of Law Prize Award 2014)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (Malaya)
- Legal Practice Course (London)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (United Kingdom)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaysia.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
- Bar Council, Malaysia
- Law Society, England & Wales
- Worked at Baker & McKenzie International, Kuala Lumpur as an Associate.
- Aviation Leasing & Finance
- Banking & Finance
- Competition Law
- Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial contract-drafting
- Employment & Industrial Relations
- ‘The Enigma of the Quistclose trust’ (2013) 2 UCL Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 1
- ‘Antitrust Paternalism in the Smartphone Wars’ (2014) 7 Global Antitrust Review 7